[ilds] Alcoholism

Bruce Redwine bredwine1968 at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 30 11:56:45 PST 2015

Numbers?  Supporters?  I guess one can always says imagery is multivalent and the author omniscient.  But I tend to see Durrell’s “wound” usage in the primary context of his concerns about sex, sexuality, gender, and violence—all big topics of a personal nature.  I don’t see von Eschenbach’s story/myth about Parsifal’s pursuit of the Holy Grail as particularly relevant, unless you want to argue that Darley and his Alexandria are suffering from some kind of psychic impotence.  Could be the case, however.  If so, then the argument has to be made.  I believe we’re discussing where and what to emphasize.

Bruce