[ilds] Indian Mertaphysics

James Gifford james.d.gifford at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 12:09:54 PST 2015

Hello all,

These are helpful comments, Gulshan.  One small correction -- the
"Forgetting A Homeless Colonial" is my own piece in /jouvert/, which is
online:

  http://english.chass.ncsu.edu/jouvert/v6i1-2/giffor.htm

I'm glad to hear it was of use!  For anyone who doesn't know, the /Pied
Piper of Lovers/ and /Panic Spring/ editions are in stock for the
various European Amazon sites via their lightning service.  I don't
think that applies to India, but they're still very much in print.

I'm also glad for your comments on Elizabeth Gilbert.  What you call
touching innocence is really a material legacy of colonialism.  We have
this in Canada as well, and it's at least good for tourism revenues, but
it incurs costs too...  I tend to see Durrell as very clear eyed on that
point in its various complexities.

All best,