[ilds] Durrell's misogyny

Allyson allysonk at mweb.co.za
Mon Nov 23 02:54:17 PST 2015

I explored an aspect of this in my recent PhD thesis which I think has
now come out of its embargo period and is available on the University of
Amsterdam's e-thesis database. I specifically explored Durrell's
representation of his female characters in The Quartet from a feminist
theoretical perspective employing a Gothic lens.

Very few feminist approaches have been offered with regards to Durrell's
work and where they were offered in the early 1990s, they always seemed
to back peddle at the close of their argument.

Best regards,

Allyson Kreuiter