[ilds] Stephanides research

Sligh, Charles Charles-Sligh at utc.edu
Fri Jul 10 09:01:51 PDT 2015

Dear Paul:

Thank you for this note, and welcome.

I think that your query will not be hopeless.  We have a number of
list-members who have extensive collections, and I think that one or more
should answer you with a solution.

I know that Richard Pine has a quite extensive collection at the Durrell
Library on Corfu.  In addition, James Gifford has gathered together
abundant digital resources.  One of those gentlemen should be able to help.

I am delighted to see that you are a Stephanidophile and a biologist.
(The wonders of Gerry Durrell's legacy.)  Please keep in mind that the
International Lawrence Durrell Society will be hosting a 2016 conference
on Crete.

Threading the Labyrinth: Durrell, Greece, and World War II
On Miracle Ground XIX
Rethymnon, Crete | 26-30 June 2016

http://lawrencedurrell.org/wp_durrell/omg-xix/

@DurrellSociety -- https://twitter.com/DurrellSociety

Given his wartime service and post-war book, Crete seems an apt connection
with your Stephanides interest, and we would welcome Stephanides-related
papers.

Again, thanks for writing with your question -- I look forward to hearing
more about your work.

Charles

Assistant Professor
Department of English