[ilds] Durrell's library, Durrell's Elizas

Bruce Redwine bredwine1968 at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 23 06:01:10 PDT 2015

The revisions James is referring to are probably in the archives at Carbondale, Illinois.  So they're not easily accessible.

Beyond the fact that the Renaissance is the greatest period of English literature, I'd like to know if Durrell had a theory about its greatness.  And by theory I mean something beyond statements about its rawness of life.  We can look at his own work and infer this attitude.  Poetry and horror probably have roles.  Hence his revival of plays in verse.  Too bad Bill Godshalk didn't complete his comparison of Middleton's Black Book and Durrell's.

Bruce

Sent from my iPhone