[ilds] Fwd: [BAMS] Registration now open for 'There and back again': An Interdisciplinary Postgraduate Workshop on Travel

James Gifford james.d.gifford at gmail.com
Wed May 27 10:23:27 PDT 2015

FYI

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Emma Zimmerman <Emma.Zimmerman at nottingham.ac.uk>
Date: 27 May 2015 at 09:38
Subject: [BAMS] Registration now open for 'There and back again': An
Interdisciplinary Postgraduate Workshop on Travel
To: BAMS at jiscmail.ac.uk

Apologies for any cross-posting!

The Landscape, Space, Place Research Group at the University of Nottingham
is pleased to announce that registration is now open for its ninth annual
postgraduate workshop.

*‘There and back again’: An Interdisciplinary Postgraduate Workshop on
Travel*

Monday 22nd June 2015

University of Nottingham

*Keynote Speaker: Professor Andrew Thacker (Nottingham Trent University)*

This one-day interdisciplinary workshop aims to emphasise and explore the
richness of travel in its multivalent forms, from antiquity to modernity
and beyond. We will consider travel in relation to social, political,
cultural, and environmental forces, as we ask how it is interpreted across
the arts, humanities, and social sciences.

Papers for the day will cover the following themes:

·         Home & Displacement

·         Exploration

·         Wandering

·         Border Crossings

·         Encountering the Supernatural

·         Sites of Travel

·         Modes, (E)Motion & Perception

·         Travel in Print

*Further details can be found in the attached programme and poster.*

All are welcome to attend this free event, although places are limited. To
book your place, please email by* Monday 15th June: *
*lsp.pgworkshop at nottingham.ac.uk* <lsp.pgworkshop at nottingham.ac.uk>

Organising Committee:  Alexander Harby, Alice Insley, Hollie Johnson, Mark
Lambert, Xiaofan Xu & Emma Zimmerman

*http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/research/groups/lsprg/events/travel-workshop-2015.aspx*
<http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/research/groups/lsprg/events/travel-workshop-2015.aspx>

Emma Zimmerman

PhD Researcher

Room C23 Trent Building

School of English

University of Nottingham

NG7 2RD

http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/english/people/emma.zimmerman

Landscape, Space, Place Reading Group Coordinator

LSP homepage: http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/research/groups/lsprg/index.aspx

University of Nottingham.

permitted by UK legislation.

--