[ilds] ILDS Digest, Vol 97, Issue 6

Bruce Redwine bredwine1968 at earthlink.net
Thu May 7 11:55:38 PDT 2015

As Sumantra notes, not enough attention is paid to Durrell's poetry (probably because of its difficulty).  In the current issue of Deus Loci, Clive Scott has interesting things to say about Durrell's poetics.  Michael Diboll in his book says good things about the connections between the poetry and the Quartet.  I believe Durrell considered his poetry the "higher calling."

Bruce

Sent from my iPhone