[ilds] Youth Movement

William Apt billyapt at gmail.com
Wed May 6 19:58:46 PDT 2015

It certainly seems as though the revolution in the ideas that is supposed to shape our culture has moved from the literary and artistic to the scientific and technological. The romantic place in the public imagination that the Lost Generation, the Miller/Durrell/Nin personages, the Beats and post-Beats (like Anne Waldman and Patti Smith) once occupied has given way to any number of physically fit and attractive, cleared eyed, young technocrats with admittedly bright, innovative ideas that serve no purpose other than the  practical. It's as though we seek salvation not through introspection, but in things.

WILLIAM APT
Attorney at Law
812 San Antonio St, Ste 401
Austin TX 78701