[ilds] new article

James Gifford james.d.gifford at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 18:43:50 PDT 2015

Hello all,

I have a new article redeveloping and extending some materials from
/Personal Modernisms/ in the journal /Textual Practice/ (it actually
precedes the book, but such are production schedules).  The first 50
downloads are free through this link (or through Taylor & Francis if you
have an institutional subscription through your library):

  http://www.tandfonline.com/eprint/gGdrUwnqH2dyn6wbDsHt/full

The only thing I wasn't able to include (only found it recently) is that
Durrell wrote a tribute to Georges Henein (in French) the year after
Henein's death.  He claims they first started meeting in 1940 in Cairo,
but this must have been 1941.  It was for a collection with Arabic and
French contributions edited by Louis Awad (worth noting that he
solicited a contribution from Durrell).

All best,
James

NB: yes, I know, "Georges"...  Alas.