[ilds] William Leigh Godshalk

James Gifford james.d.gifford at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 15:29:19 PST 2015

Dear friends,

I'm writing to report that our co-moderator for this email list, the
longstanding Durrell scholar and dear friend to many of us, Bill
Godshalk, passed away on Sunday.

For everyone who knew Bill, his laughter was infectious.  For everyone
who read him, his scholarship was extraordinary.  For me, rather than
dwell on the sadness, I'm trying to remember Bill when I first met him
in person on Corfu in 2000: leaping off the side of the boat into the
bay under the Shrine of Saint Arsenius...

Kindest thoughts to all of you.