[ilds] Michael V. Diboll

James Gifford james.d.gifford at gmail.com
Sun Feb 1 15:18:02 PST 2015

Hi Bruce,

Indeed, it was spirited...  I've been looking through my old email files
to confirm.  As for editing, I can only agree, but my hairy eyeball is
pointed quite firmly to the press in this instance -- we all need good
editors.

For the distinction they diverged on, with the Hosnanis standing in for
the Wafd versus the Menasce family, I can only say I'd need to reread
Mike's book to have a meaningful comment, now 10 years since I read it
last.  That said, I do think some of his comments on Nasser and Suez
will be shifted a bit by the Egyptian contents of the forthcoming /From
the Elephant's Back/ -- but I'm in a dead sprint to meet deadlines, so I
won't be turning back to Diboll's book this term!

If Mike's not still on the list, I likely have his current email, if you
were looking to get in touch with him.

All best,
James