[ilds] Michael V. Diboll

James Gifford james.d.gifford at gmail.com
Sun Feb 1 14:30:28 PST 2015

Hi Bruce,

Indeed, I read the book when Mike was preparing it for publication.  The
challenge with a press like Edwin Mellen is that it sees the author as
the ideal editor..., which is almost never viable.  It also means the
book is hard to get outside of libraries since the cost is high:

http://www.mellenpress.com/mellenpress.cfm?bookid=6100&pc=9

Diboll and Haag had a spirited dispute over the book in 2006 if anyone
wants to see the topics under discussion, but unfortunately, it was the
year before we migrated the list to its current home at UVic, so there's
no searchable institutional archive for it.

The ILDS has talked about producing a repository of materials. If it's
out of print, perhaps Mike would be interested in doing a revised
edition (are you on the list still, Mike?).

All best,
James