[ilds] BookThug announces publication of Narthex and Other Stories by H.D.

James Gifford james.d.gifford at gmail.com
Fri Oct 24 14:57:30 PDT 2014

Dear all,

Two years later, I've finally sat down with H.D.'s book /Narthex & Other
Stories/.  The Corfu-based story, "Pontikinisi" is spelled such in the
TOC and advertising materials but "Pontikonisi" in the book's body.

The text is, obviously, very much about Corfu.  It's fictional but does,
at least in language, allude to her writing on the wall episode, which
is best described in her /Tribute to Freud/ volume (and which I had the
great pleasure of teaching on Corfu in 2004).

And now the book goes back to the library...

All best,
James