[ilds] Georgiadis's Spirit of Place

Denise Tart & David Green dtart at bigpond.net.au
Fri Sep 26 14:00:22 PDT 2014

Bruce, Ken would probably point out that provence is evoked well in the Quintet, but I reckon the spirits of place are ghosts; the books are haunted, haunted by the past and by loss. If the early Durrell is lemon/citrus colours, The Quintet is shades of grey and darkness on the edge of town. I'll be over there next year. Going to see the Vampire House, take vin blanc at St. Maries Sur La Mere the TGV up to Paris for Durrell/Miller sites and also later RW Hedges guided tour of Larry's London.

David

Sent from my iPad