[ilds] Fwd: The Alexandria Quartet - Solo painting exhibition

Bruce Redwine bredwine1968 at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 25 09:30:43 PDT 2014

James and Andreas,

I second Christine Truebner and congratulate Andreas Georgiadis's on his forthcoming exhibit of paintings on The Alexandria Quartet.  I found the ink drawings evocative and wish that I could attend the exhibit in October.  How good it is to see Durrell's Alexandria as a continual source of inspiration for today's artists.  I especially liked the depictions of the Corniche.  The drawings of the characters seem true, especially Justine, and wonder if Georgiadis has drawings of the other principals, Melissa Artemis in particular, who is Greek.

Best wishes,

Bruce