[ilds] new books

James Gifford james.d.gifford at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 08:22:11 PDT 2014

Hi Bruce,

/Personal Modernisms/ is released this week from the University of
Alberta Press (Wayne State UP in the USA):

  http://www.uap.ualberta.ca/UAP.asp?LID=41&bookID=1583

  http://wsupress.wayne.edu/books/detail/personal-modernisms

It's in Amazon as well for Kindle.

/From the Elephant's Back/ was initially a project from Peter Baldwin
for Delos Press.  When circumstances prohibited it, he brought it to the
DSC, which also encountered troubles.  In the end, it came to me to
rebuild and expand as a critical edition of Durrell's essays, memoirs,
and travel writing (with an excellent preface from Baldwin!).  It's
appearing in December from University of Alberta Press in time for the
Christmas rush (hint...).  That's nearly wrapped up, and Peter & I
should see the final proofs any day now (I've already gone through it
with the copy editor).  The cover is, I think, very fine, and the
typographical design is lovely.

I'm hopeful that both projects will provoke responses, disputes, and
activity generally...

All best,
James