[ilds] Is D Durrell?

Kennedy Gammage gammage.kennedy at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 14:01:31 PDT 2014

“…critics want to see Prospero’s Cell as fact”?

I don’t think so Bruce. Hard to say what these strawman “critics” see as a
group – but as a reader I don’t need to read one of my favorite books as
any kind of “fact.”

I love Freya Stark’s blurb: ‘One of Lawrence Durrell’s best books – indeed,
in its gem-like miniature quality, among the best books ever written.” I
totally agree with that.

Cheers - Ken