[ilds] Am I in?

Denise Tart & David Green dtart at bigpond.net.au
Tue Jun 24 15:00:26 PDT 2014

One thing I can say is that Durrell probably played rugby at school which can be a very homo sensible experience for the sensitive artist. I did not myself last long at this game but mainly because of the violence and people stomping your head in rucks. Being very small I do not think Larry enjoyed it much. Apart from his love of swimming, he does not come across as a very physical or sporty man, unlike Leigh Fermor whose travel accounts are very physical, whereas Durrell's are more reflective, a private country.

David

Sent from my iPad