[ilds] Durrell's Correspondence

Bruce Redwine bredwine1968 at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 24 07:55:43 PDT 2014

Assuming an author doesn't have to be dead for sixty + years, why not Cambridge UP?  CUP is now publishing The Letters of Ernest Hemingway, and volume two is only covering the years 1923-1925.  It has also published The Collected Letters of Joseph Conrad in eight volumes.  Why no Oxford Reader's Companion to Durrell?  Durrell would like the irony of being published by the universities that denied him admission, if what he claimed was true.

Bruce