[ilds] Durrell's Correspondence

Richard Pine rpinecorfu at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 23 11:03:55 PDT 2014

In my opinion, an edition of LD's correspondence (other than that with Miller and Aldington which has already been exhaustively covered) is not a complicated matter -  clearly the compilation would be onerous, to ferret out the less accessible items, but editing would be simple and straightforward. I'm sure there would be a readership and a publisher. And the estate would like it. The major editorial decision would involve the decision: should this be only letters from LD, or the replies also? Letters to LD, and his replies? etc etc.
It's time-consuming but does not pose any insuperable problems if approached in a positive fashion.
RP