[ilds] Fermor and Durrell

James Gifford james.d.gifford at gmail.com
Sat Jun 14 22:43:30 PDT 2014

On 2014-06-14, 7:00 PM, Denise Tart & David Green wrote:
> Few writers describe themselves as they trulyare,
> except maybe Bukowski who said his stories and poems were 90
> percent true and ten percent embellishment.

Yes, but how much of that specific "said" from Bukowski was in the 10%
range?  These authors are even performing in their letters half the
time, as perhaps are all of us in our emails.

Henry Miller would tell biographers "everything is in my books," but his
books are often wildly fictional...  After all, they *are* fiction.  As
is most literature.

But a good grimace to anyone gainfully typing "gaffer"!

Best,