[ilds] Modern Bisexual Love and Beyond

Richard Pine rpinecorfu at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 5 02:22:58 PDT 2014

We must try to account, in our readings of LD, for the fact that he was many men: as a poet, he saw the world as it was and as it might be; as a young man growing up in the inter-war years he wanted to stretch out and live a different life, yet his reading of Spengler (which partly prompted Tunc/Nunquam) told him otherwise. As a diplomat in both Eastern Europe and Cyprus he was well able to appreciate the strategies employed by the superpowers to manipulate our visions of the world..... He was so 'well read' (whatever that means - his reading was voracious and very extensive in so many areas) that he was able to incorporate into his mind and its outpourings the essences of Orientalism, psychology, buddhism, ... need I go on? And (pun intended) 'a beautiful mind' - capable of the white and the dark sides.
And ... a writer in so many genres...
RP