[ilds] Modern Love

Bruce Redwine bredwine1968 at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 2 11:46:00 PDT 2014

As to the "nonsense bit," I would say we're simply following Lawrence Durrell's own manifesto in the introduction to Balthazar (1958):  "The central topic of the book is an investigation of modern love."  I don't think the permutations of "modern love" are nonsense.  Surely the author himself must be included in such a discussion.

Bruce