[ilds] Query re 'Tunc'

Richard Pine rpinecorfu at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 2 02:16:54 PDT 2014

LD told me (and I put it in my book) that he considered The Revolt (a title he very much disliked) as his most important book. The Quartet as his most successful and the Quintet as his most ambitious and on the grandest plan. I tried to do justice to Tunc/Nunquam in my book.
But the 'Naos' angle escaped me until I was sitting in town one day and saw 'Naos ... Agios Nikolaos' or some similar saint's name on the entablature of the church beside the cafe. I realised then that I had missed something, but I'm still not sure what.
I'm not sure the discussion of this matter, so far, has enlightened me, but I've only had a chance for a slight reading of the several responses.
RP