[ilds] Durrell's residence in Alexandria

Denise Tart & David Green dtart at bigpond.net.au
Mon Sep 9 13:29:33 PDT 2013

According to my notes, Larry and Nancy arrived in Alexandria around April 25th 1941 on board a steamer which he later said had been commandeered by drunken Australian soldiers who had previously broken into a shop and stolen canned carnation milk for baby Penelope, so in a way Penny's life may have been saved, or at least assisted greatly by my bibulous countrymen.

David

Sent from my iPad