[ilds] Ray Morrison - A last article

James Gifford james.d.gifford at gmail.com
Sat Jul 27 09:29:50 PDT 2013

Hello all,

I've just received a copy of Ray Morrison's last article.  It's well
worth the time to read.

Morrison, Ray. "The City and its Ontology in Lawrence Durrell’s
Alexandria Quartet." /Mosaic: A Journal for the Interdisciplinary Study
of Literature/ 46.2 (June 2013): 55-70.

Dawne McCance, who has interacted with several Durrell scholars over the
years, made special comment on the piece for the issue's introduction:

"Dr. James Raymond Morrison, whose essay “The City and its Ontology in
Lawrence Durrell’s Alexandria Quartet” is published in this issue,
passed away in Vancouver on February 22, 2013, after a brief illness.
With Dr. Morrison too ill to do so himself, his nephew, Tom Mahaffey,
guided the essay through the pre-publication copy-edit, telling us that
it was a frequent topic of conversation between them prior to his
uncle’s death. Mosaic wishes to acknowledge Dr. Morrison’s expertise on
Lawrence Durrell and to express our sincere condolences to his family
members, who now look forward to seeing his essay in print."

Very best to you all,
---------------------------------------
James Gifford, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of English and University Core Director
School of English, Philosophy and Humanities
University College: Arts, Sciences, Professional Studies
Fairleigh Dickinson University, Vancouver Campus
Voice: 604-648-4476
Fax: 604-648-4489
E-mail: gifford at fdu.edu
http://alpha.fdu.edu/~jgifford