[ilds] Ray Morrison

James Gifford james.d.gifford at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 16:46:21 PST 2013

I'm sure Ray would have enjoyed that talk, Bill.  I'd thought I'd meet
up with him too -- we had a nice lunch in Vancouver but lost track of
each other afterward.

Ray donated his collection to the University of Toronto's Robarts
Library.  I was under the impression that when he retired a dozen or
fifteen years ago, he was not in good health, so he made the donation in
order to withdraw more from his savings without as much taxation.

I had the opportunity to use the Morrison materials in Robarts back in
2004, and it is a very fine collection indeed, with regard to print.

I believe MacLeod's Books in Vancouver is still holding the Brigham
collection (print -- his papers are now at U Victoria's McPherson
Library), and I heard from Jim a few weeks ago that he's now willing to
break it up rather than sell it as one complete set.  MacLeod's isn't
really tech-savvy, but you can spot them online:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAvoEnwSc2Y

It's a cozy spot to curl up for a while.

Best,
Jamie