[ilds] Ray Morrison

James Gifford james.d.gifford at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 10:55:43 PST 2013

Dear all,

I am very sad to report that Ray Morrison has recently died.  I'm sure
most of you have read his fine book /A Smile in His Mind's Eye/,
published in 2006 by the University of Toronto Press.  He last presented
a paper at the OMG XIV conference in Victoria, BC, in 2006.

I remember very fondly my meetings and lunches with Ray in Vancouver
after his retirement from Carleton University, Ottawa.  He was a gentle
man, and his scholarly work has been cited by at least a few generations
of scholars now.

I don't have information on memorial services, but I will pass these
along once I know more.

Best regards,
---------------------------------------
James Gifford, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of English and University Core Director
School of English, Philosophy and Humanities
University College: Arts, Sciences, Professional Studies
Fairleigh Dickinson University, Vancouver Campus
Voice: 604-648-4476
Fax: 604-648-4489
E-mail: gifford at fdu.edu
http://alpha.fdu.edu/~jgifford