[ilds] James Clawson on Joyce

James Gifford james.d.gifford at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 13:37:01 PDT 2012

Hello all,

Our own James Clawson has just contributed a public lecture on "'Dirty
Eaters': Bloom's Eco-Critical Cycles in Lestrygonians" to the Year of
Ulysses (YoU) project:

http://web.uvic.ca/~mvp1922/dirtyeaters/#more-1307

Grand work, James!

Now to an eco-critical reading of Durrell's island books?  Landscape as
character?  Engagement with the non-human?  I'm suddenly tempted to
nibble on the city vs. the country in /Justine/...

All best,
---------------------------------------
James Gifford, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of English and University Core Director
School of English, Philosophy and Humanities
University College: Arts, Sciences, Professional Studies
Fairleigh Dickinson University, Vancouver Campus
Voice: 604-648-4476
Fax: 604-648-4489
E-mail: gifford at fdu.edu
http://alpha.fdu.edu/~jgifford