[ilds] 1912 - 1990 :: Durrell & White & Glanville-Hicks

Denise Tart & David Green dtart at bigpond.net.au
Sun May 27 12:50:44 PDT 2012

Charles

that news that PGH was a friend of Larry's is interesting. I did not know this. I am always keen on Larry's connections to Australia. He knew Roy Campbell, an Australian Poet, in London in the 1930s, he and Nancy received some rough hospitality from Australian Soldiers during their escape from Greece, he and white may have met in Egypt during the war - they probably read each others stuff in later years. Any the PGH link is good as I am writing an article for publication, hopefully in the Sydney Morning Herald, to commemorate Durrell's birth centenary. I have also approached a friend who works for the Australian Broadcasting Commission about doing a feature on Durrell. She seemed very keen. If it goes ahead I may have to take time off work to help make it. Have to get Larry's name out there again. Currently enjoying 'Spirit of Place' - intriguing.

David

Denise Tart - designing ceremonies
Civil Celebrant A8807
16 William Street