[ilds] Paper Call for Edited volume on Modernism in the Mediterranean

James Gifford james.d.gifford at gmail.com
Thu May 17 16:59:05 PDT 2012

Hi Marc,

I believe the spirit would be that just as Libya is /separated/ from
Italy by the sea, we could also say that Corfu is /linked/ to Albania by
the sea.  In many respects (and for a very long time), it would have
been easier to travel from Egypt to Rome, despite being divided by a
sea, than it would have been to travel from Cairo to Cape Town (despite
being part of the same land mass).

 > This sea shore has melded the oldest
 > traditions with the most modern!

I think this is precisely the argument they hope to advance with the
book, or so I would think...

All best,
James