[ilds] ELEGY ON THE CLOSING OF THE FRENCH BROTHELS (Alyscamps Press: Paris)

James Gifford james.d.gifford at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 08:23:33 PDT 2012

I wonder which version of the poem he's using...  I'll find out and
report back to the list.

"Elegy" was first published in 1947 in George Woodcock's /NOW/ (printed
by Freedom Press/ no less).  The poem is significantly different in that
1947 form.  That journal issue and the preceding take up the censorship
of Henry Miller.

Best,
James