[ilds] Dictionary of National Biography, etc...

James Gifford james.d.gifford at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 07:52:39 PST 2012

Hello all,

I managed to trip Durrell into three different lectures yesterday and
feel rather grand about it.  We raised a toast at home last night to Old
D, and a second followed to the many good friends brought to us through
his works.

There have been a number of updates in the Durrell 2012 facebook page
today as well (follow http://durrell2012.com on facebook if you want!).
  However, since I know not everyone stoops to the depravities of
facebookery, I thought I should repost a little of what I've been sent:

Joshua Samuel Scobie reports that "Lawrence Durrell is this week's DNB
Life"  http://www.oxforddnb.com/public/lotw/2.html

El Scob also notes "[Scottish Poetry Library] Director Robyn Marsack
recalls a youthful first encounter with [Durrell's] poetry. But what
does his work still have to offer?"
http://www.scottishpoetrylibrary.org.uk/connect/blog/one-hundred-years-lawrence-durrell

Best,
---------------------------------------
James Gifford, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of English and University Core Director
School of English, Philosophy and Humanities
University College: Arts, Sciences, Professional Studies
Fairleigh Dickinson University, Vancouver Campus
Voice: 604-648-4476
Fax: 604-648-4489
E-mail: gifford at fdu.edu
http://alpha.fdu.edu/~jgifford