[ilds] The Durrell Centenary

Denise Tart & David Green dtart at bigpond.net.au
Sun Feb 26 21:43:06 PST 2012

the celebration will hit Australia before UK and USA. I have purchased some
dolmades, tatziki and olives in anticipation of the event and will also get
some retzina and octopus .
 I have also spent today cooking Greek style slow lamb
Lord Larry is moving in the wine currents and speaking through the garlic;
essences of Corfu, Rhodes and Cyprus are rising like the scent of lemons and
the full moon;  dark globes of fruit and wine dark imaginings....the haunted
towers of Avignon and sun dazed groves of Greece, Nilotic silt and a shimmer
of Alexandria below the horizon.

 David
.16 William Street
Marrickville NSW 2204