[ilds] CFP extended & speakers announced (Durrell 2012: London, 13-16 June 2012)

James Gifford james.d.gifford at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 12:34:34 PST 2012

*Deadline Extended: 1 March 2012*
http://durrell2012.com/contact/

Based on recent publicity in /The Guardian/, Faber & Faber's reprinting
of /The Alexandria Quartet/ and /The Black Book/ with introductions by
Jan Morris and D B C Pierre, the British library's /Spoken Word:
Lawrence Durrell/ CD release, and publication of Joanna Hodgkin's
/Amateurs In Eden/, we are extending the CFP deadline for the Durrell
Centenary conference.

We particularly seek papers dealing with 30s and 40s British writing in
relation to Modernism and Late Modernism. Special panels have also been
dedicated to Patrick Leigh Fermor. Proposals from (post)graduate
students are also welcome.

*Durrell 2012: The Lawrence Durrell Centenary*
http://durrell2012.com/
13 - 16 June 2012

GOODENOUGH COLLEGE :: LONDON
THE BRITISH LIBRARY :: LONDON

http://durrell2012.com/whats-on/
Keynote Speaker:
   Christopher Butler, Christ Church, Oxford
     "Durrell and Modernism"

Plenary Speakers:
   Leo Mellor, Murray Edwards College, Cambridge
   Mark Morris, University of Alberta
   Anthony Hirst, Queen's University Belfast

Biography Keynotes:
   Joanna Hodgkin
     "Lawrence & Nancy Durrell's London Years"
   Ian S. MacNiven, Michael Haag
     "Durrell at 100: Durrell & The Biographer's Art"

Working jointly with the Lawrence Durrell Estate, Curtis Brown, Faber &
Faber, and the British Library, the International Lawrence Durrell
Society will host the 2012 Durrell Centenary at London House, on the
grounds of Goodenough College.

Durrell 2012: The Lawrence Durrell Centenary invites proposals for
scholarly papers treating any aspect of Lawrence Durrell’s writings,
life, or times.

CFP Deadline: EXTENDED 1 March 2012

Go to the form for ONLINE SUBMISSION <http://durrell2012.com/contact/>
or reach it directly at: