[ilds] Durrell at Oxford

Godshalk, William (godshawl) godshawl at ucmail.uc.edu
Wed Aug 17 13:07:15 PDT 2011

Did Durrell and Eve stay with the Mott's in Oxford?

I don't have firm evidence either way, but Mott had his house renovated so that children fleeing London during the German bombing raids could stay with the Motts -- in relative safety. To accommodate children perhaps rooms had to be added to Mott's house. If so, after the war, the Motts would have had extra room -- I surmise.

This of course leads nowhere since we don't know Mott's address -- as yet.

Was there an Oxford city directory in the early 50s?

Bill