[ilds] Diving for cherries

Denise Tart & David Green dtart at bigpond.net.au
Fri Jul 22 15:18:58 PDT 2011

  Durrell 2012:  If you can imagine reading Prospero's Cell with your mother's eye and ear, what do you think she would have to say about it?

Joanna Hodgkin:  This is quite hard to answer, in fact I'm not sure that I can. She must have talked about it, but I have no memory, except she was always fairly skeptical about the diving for cherries part. She was an intensely honest person, and would have wanted the whole picture to be recorded, whereas Larry was interested in a different kind of truth.

Kind of supports what some of us have been saying for a while. And now I will definately have to make it London in 2012. Charles where is that Cunard liner????you know the steel duck with four big funnels??

David
16 William Street
Marrickville NSW 2204
+ 61 2 9564 6165