[ilds] "Facts"

Bruce Redwine bredwine1968 at earthlink.net
Fri Jul 22 11:12:11 PDT 2011

No, I don't think "N." instead of "Nancy" is a lie.  We also have "E." (Eve) in Reflections on a Marine Venus.  The inventions I have in mind are ones such as the scene at Saint Arsenius, which a granddaughter questions as true (see Charles newspaper), and Count D., who is most probably old LD himself in disguise.  Then there's the whole issue of the plagiarism of Sophie Atkinson's An Artist in Corfu.  I would call such plagiarism a form of lying.

Bruce