[ilds] "Facts"

James Gifford james.d.gifford at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 10:39:38 PDT 2011

What I'd meant was that the sketch he published in 1942 includes "my
wife" while the book in 1945 has only the mysterious "N." of uncertain
relation -- it's a deliberate revision, so hardly accidental nor due to
a casual oversight.

He wrote her out of the draft after having already mentioned her in
print.  I doubt it was based on an intention to "lie" in the traditional
sense of the term.

Cheers,
James