[ilds] "Facts"

James Gifford james.d.gifford at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 09:35:19 PDT 2011

Have you compared the book to the sketch published while he was in
Egypt?  The latter includes Nancy...  The transformation from one to the
other is still overlooked in the scholarship even though the fragment is
quite brief and published twice.

There's an intriguing introduction to the /Middle East Anthology/ by
Waller and de Mauny as well commenting on the rush to set down memoirs
before the moment faded -- Durrell wasn't alone at that moment in his
creations.

Best,
James