[ilds] sad news...

William Apt billyapt at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 14:24:40 PDT 2011

I liked Fermor's work very much, first discovered him from reading Robert
Kaplan's *Mediterranean Winter* a few years ago.  But then, with age, have
learned to better appreciate the soldier-intellectual types:  Fermor, TE
Lawrence, Blaise Cendrars, Sir Richard F Burton...
BILLY
On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 3:54 PM, James Gifford <james.d.gifford at gmail.com>wrote:

> What terrible news.  I can't imagine what the Anglo-Hellenic world will
> be without him.
>
> Best to everyone,
> James
>
> On 10/06/11 1:38 PM, Pamela Francis wrote:
> >
> > Sadly, Patrick Leigh Fermor has died, at the ripe old age of 96. As of a
> > couple of years ago, he was learning to type in order to hasten the
> > completion of his last book. I hope he managed to finish it before going
> > on to that great Greek island in the sky....
> >

> > http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2011/jun/10/patrick-leigh-fermor-dies-96

WILLIAM APT
Attorney at Law
7004 Bee Cave Rd, Bldg 1,