[ilds] Red Limbo Lingo

James Gifford james.d.gifford at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 10:52:48 PDT 2011

Hi Marc,

/The Plant Magic Man/ is a slim book written by Durrell and brought out
by Capra Press (Santa Barbara, CA) in 1973.  It's about his friend, the
herbalist Ludo Chardenon.  It also contains information on Chardenon's
herbalist works.  Durrell also wrote the introduction to Chardenon's
memoirs (en français...).

As for /The Red Limbo Lingo: A Poetry Notebook/, it came out through
Fabers in 1971 and has both illustration and poetry as well as poetic
prose sketches.  I seem to recall that Sappho added the drawings (I may
be wrong since my copy isn't ready to hand).  The poems contain a good
deal about blood and vampires.

Both books were brought out in special limited editions as well.

Best,
James