[ilds] private kingdoms

Marc Piel marc at marcpiel.fr
Tue May 17 09:29:18 PDT 2011

I couldn't help myself thinking there were little
bits of LD in all the main characters and
especially in "Roof of the World". Is the message
not that there was no way out physically, but that
once you had been there there was no way out
(back) mentally? Interesting also that John had
been given "Parmenides" by his father as a
birthday present. Tell me if I am wrong: is not
Parmenides about different possible truths?
Although he does say a few things that fit, for me
Campion is the least like LD, ... and when finally
he doesn't know how to swim!
B.R.
Marc