[ilds] The Dark Labyrinth

Denise Tart & David Green dtart at bigpond.net.au
Sat May 7 20:19:03 PDT 2011

Charles, you are on the money here, for sure. there are some teasing descriptions of Virginia and Mrs Truman too. In Roof of the World, I had pictures of LD and N living the simple life in the white house at Kalami. In DL Truman described his wife as having become like a 'savage'. In Prospero's Cell he talks of N in the same way: toothed like a carnivore! Is this Larry at the mercy of a powerful women? Nancy, Claude and Ghislaine (blondes) were certainly more powerful women than the dark eyed E.

Meta, Nancy's daughter Penelope is, I think, still alive and is known to members of this list. If my memory serves me she may even be speaking at the next Durrell Conference?

people on this list who know her may be willing to give more details about the famous N.

LD certainly liked the tall, elegant blondes and Nancy appears to be the model or at least base for several female characters including Clea and Livia.

David