[ilds] The Dark Labyrinth

Charles Sligh Charles-Sligh at utc.edu
Thu May 5 15:37:56 PDT 2011

On 5/5/11 5:03 PM, Bruce Redwine wrote:

>     All along I have been saying /The Dark Labyrinth/ is a remarkable
>     work and deserving full recognition of its accomplishment.  I am
>     not willing, however, to take Richard Pine's injunction and to
>     stop "extra-textual considerations."

Thanks for that, Bruce.  Each plays upon his or her own fiddle, "/will
ye/, /nil ye/," of course.

It is a really interesting problem to ponder, actually -- different
readers and their elective pleasures.

Good luck with /The Dark Labyrinth/ -- an interesting choice, and I have
much to learn!

Charles

Assistant Professor
Department of English