[ilds] The Dark Labyrinth

Denise Tart & David Green dtart at bigpond.net.au
Thu May 5 10:50:22 PDT 2011

So could we please stop agonising about whether DL is a great book or even an important book, and just read the damn thing for what it is worth - free of jargon, free of extra-textual considerations, free of critical prejudice?
RP

I would say, humbly, that critical considerations and extra textual considerations, especially those that relate to a writer's psyche and personal experience of the world are an essential part of a books worth and precisely why we find them fascinating, study them and read them. I also question whether any of the comments lately suggest agonizing; attempts and discussion and interest, certainly.

David Green