[ilds] off the wall

Bruce Redwine bredwine1968 at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 30 09:50:57 PDT 2011

Thanks.  Yes, the exchange (p. 16 of Fillets of Plaice) supposedly occurred on Corfu, during the days of My Family and Other Animals, which is when LGD wrote about Miller's "man-size piece."  If not whimsical, LGD's comment proves nothing, however, besides his receptiveness to bisexuality as a fact and not as a philosophical or psychoanalytic construct.  Some argue for the latter (e.g., Michael Haag, if I'm right).  What would constitute proof?  Thomas Mann's struggles with suppressed homosexuality, although suspected in works such as Death in Venice, didn't become known until his diaries were published.  Something in that order.

Bruce