[ilds] Pastoral Literature

Denise Tart & David Green dtart at bigpond.net.au
Sat Mar 5 13:55:56 PST 2011

Indeed so, William. I am currently teaching As You Like It and saw the comparison at once. One can see the Count D as the exiled duke with his little court out in Valley de Ropa. Of course Larry went to three islands to cure himself of metropolitan existence; Corfu a cure for London, Rhodes a cure for Alexandria, Cyprus - well, an attempt that ended with a bitter taste but some great literature. Justine and Bitter Lemons being perhaps his finest works, Bruce may disagree here..

David