[ilds] Possible Connections

Rony Alfandary alfandary at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 21:16:30 PST 2011

Billy, I  am well familiar with the scene you describe.
i think that if you visit now, you will encounter similar sounds.
sad that we still are unable to approach one another. borders are terrible.
i hope the spirit of liberation now sweeping across our region will
bear positive fruits for us all.
one of the reasons i appreciate this List is its serving as a potential
space for meeting across borders.
i think that might also be part of my fascination with Durrell - who was a
man who in a sense never had a homeland, was "freed" from it, and yet
devoted some of his writing to trying and create it.
Rony