[ilds] BITTER LEMONS the poem

Ozlem Ince holistic3000 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 17 05:52:50 PST 2011

Lemons are a good sequel to the "sea, sand and sun" trinity associated with the
islands. Morocco has its tangerins as well...Durrell might have wanted
to express his "bitter" experiences, but not in a personal way. So, he used the
word bitter in conjunction with lemon, to avoid any personal statement..